To email a board member, please click on their name.
NAEP Chief Executive
Treasurer/Health Representative/Conference Operations Group – Vice-Chair/Communications Group Chair
Jean has worked in the NHS for 47 years and has been involved in Equipment for 40 of those years. She has been Head of Operational Services that included Community Equipment Services and also Commissioner of Community Equipment Services in West Cheshire. Jean now works at Alder Hey Children’s Foundation Trust, whilst also sitting on the Medical Devices Committee, she is also a Director of the National Association of Medical Devices Educators & Trainers (NAMDET).
Jean has been involved in NAEP since its conception when it was Equipment Service Providers. The first NAEP Conference took place at the Heartlands in Birmingham in 1997, it became the National Association of Equipment Providers (NAEP) a not for profit organisation in 1999 and her membership number is 17. She truly believes that Community Equipment Services are at the heart of keeping people in their own homes and also allowing patients to be discharged in a safe way.
Jean has had the privilege to be the Chair of NAEP since July 2007, she finds it to be a very rewarding position and has met a lot of interesting people, Jean hopes to spend many more years as Chair.
RGN / Queens Nurse
Chair of Clinical and Prescriber Support SIG since inception in 2007
Francis is Clinical Nurse Specialist Lead for a Specialist Clinical Equipment Resource Team and Community Equipment Service in Buckinghamshire.
In post since September 1995 providing advice and expert assessments for community equipment provision for complex needs of clients. Provides training for all users of the Community Equipment Service to facilitate safe and proper use of equipment, including the technical and theoretical aspects of the equipment prescribed. Additionally, in conjunction with the provider and clinicians develops processes, policies, and guidance in relation to risk assessments, suitability of the equipment and the environment.
NAEP – Board member since it was formed. Now in process of writing 4th guidance document. Attended every conference since they started.
Honorary Legal Advisor
& Digital Manager
Oriana has been working with NAEP for many years, along with our team she redesigned and built the NAEP public website and created our Members Area providing a central hub for NAEP Members to make the most of their membership benefits.
She manages updates for the website, publishs our monthly NAEP Focus and quarterly NAEP Insider. More recently she has taken on the task of our Membership Administrator, helping members with their renewals, upgrades, and ensuring they make full use of their benefits. Oriana also enjoys assisting the team with our annual conference administration and queries.
Board Member Responsibilities
The NAEP National Board is responsible for ensuring that robust systems are in place for the management of the key areas of the association’s business.
– To provide effective governance that ensures the business of the organisation provides clarity and is transparent to all members.
– To ensure the operational services of the organisation are managed in an effective and efficient manner.
– To develop a proactive approach to business planning and financial forecasting and to ensure external audit takes place of NAEP’s finance and Business is carried out.
- Services to Members
– To conduct all such other lawful processes that will further the attainment of the aims and objectives of the organisation.
NAEP is aligned with organisations that offer services and support to the statutory and private sector community equipment providers.
Terms of Reference
Download the 2021 NAEP Board Terms of Reference pdf by clicking here.
NAEP’s remit will continue in:
- The promotion of our member’s interests in the national policymaking arena and to form partnerships with like-minded organisations to support the development of the organisation and its services.
- Managing, interpreting, and disseminating information both within the organisation and externally that will promote the interest of our members.
- Working closely with all Government bodies and associated partners throughout the United Kingdom to ensure that policy changes are informed by evidence.
Become a member today
12-14 June 2024
Chesford Grange Hotel, Warwickshire
* emails only monitored 2/3 days a week.
Constitution & Financial Instructions
Copyright Policy ©
Health & Safety Policy
NAEP - UK
PO Box 3906
© 1999 - 2024 NAEP - UK
Website by Giraviu